Read the latest posts on Relax-N-Rave - CLICK HERE TO READ!

Wednesday 19 October 2016

What's in a number?


What's in a number I say? Never a fan of numbers, I blank them out whenever possible. Well, out of sheer habit, I missed seeing that I had already posted my 100th post! 
But never to late to party, is it? And anyway, like I was saying, what's the big deal about numbers or stats for that matter!

Image source: Pixabay


Hey and hello dear friends, go grab yourself a cupcake and settle down. And what are we partying about, you ask? 

Its to celebrate,
  My 101th post 
and also the
First Blog Anniversary 
of Relax-N-Rave!!

If some of you are wondering, 'Woah....just one year?', join me, for I feel I've been a part of Blogosphere forever!!
Not a blogger by making, this is something I kind of stumbled into when I was at loose ends with choices in my life.
My Blogger account was created in March'15 simply with the idea of some place online to copy-paste-share some rather lengthy WhatsApp messages that I had started passing around and hounding people to read.
Having spent my growing years reading fantastic books, writing is a dream come true;  giving wings to my imagination, writing my own stories, in my own little online space.
Then around this time last year (Oct'15), I published my first serious writing (well, actually a humour series) - Of Bais Gone by (A Saga).
As I shared these posts on my WA and FB groups, I was greatly encouraged by the responses.
It was like a man-eater getting the first taste of blood (sigh! Wish I'd come up with a better analogy), I wanted more; to reach out to a wider audience but with no idea how to go about it. I wondered where it was that all the action happened.
And as providence would have it, I bumped into twitter!! (Reactivated a dormant account to be more specific!) Twitter was where I found other bloggers and blogging communities and therein started my voyage of discovery! I was bewildered and awestruck by all the mind-blowing blogs and bloggers I came across!
Clumsy and tottering new steps found support from generous souls to whom I shall be eternally indebted. 
Friends I have made in the virtual world are now a part of my real world!

Friends who are established bloggers, encourage, push and prod me on to strive harder and despite my whimsical character, I am trying to do just that. Challenges and Community keep the writing mind sharp and personal engagements strong.

If you think a year into blogging is no big feat, I agree. It may well not be, for everyone else but for me, yes it is a big deal! I have finally started telling people that I am a blogger, an identity that took me some time to acknowledge
I've done posts in genres I was comfortable with or knowledgeable about while some posts were in genres that were discoveries for me too - where I wracked my brain or feverishly researched before posting them online.
I am still blown by some of the stupendous blogs I come across every single day, that's the beauty of the blogging world, new discoveries every day! 
And have I matured as a blogger?
Besides cutting short my over-long ramblings, I think I haven't changed much. Blogger etiquettesa hitherto alien concept, is something I am now familiar with!
I am not really bothered that I am still on a supposedly derelict and on the verge of extinction 'Blogger' platform. My goal is to write and of course preferably be read too; purpose served, me happy! Personally, I am pretty comfortable in my 'Blogger' home that's much like a pair of well-used shoes that you don't want to flip over for strappy stilettos that look great but are a big pain! (ughh! Even worse analogy - shoes = home, what's with me?)
I may not have much to brag about in terms of blogging-milestones, but believe me when I say, each post I deliver is a labour of love. So 100 deliveries in a year - I am doing good I say! Honestly, a year ago I would never imagined I'd be here!


My gratitude list would run into several posts and I am wary of missing out any names, so I'll just say,



TO ALL MY DEAR FRIENDS  
AND READERS,
 FOR SHOWERING SO MUCH LOVE ON RELAX-N-RAVE!!


My aim for Relax-N-Rave? It will always be a fun place, 

'A cool hangout to plunge into and chase away the blues.  
Just the place you need to unwind, relax and recharge.'

I hope to stand by these words and continue to relax and rave - yep, that's the best way to do it, isn't it?
Another thing I promise you is, in this blog-o-mine - You'll find something new and authentic every time you're here! You'll have stuff that's quirky, moody, funny, informative, entertaining......be prepared for surprises and always expect the unexpected here!  
A bit pompous, eh? Yeah, its my blog baby, I have exclusive bragging rights here ;)
Saving the best for the last, I could never have done any of my writing without my lovely family's support. Family that helped me with their loyal - 'YOU'RE THE BEST' attitude! Putting up with my countless requests to review and edit my rants, being told off for over-the-top write-ups or plagued to publish ones that they considered worthwhile!
 
So cheerio folks, keep reading , keep spreading the love around, its one thing that doesn't get exhausted, just keeps multiplying and comes back to you manifold!

Also adding this cliche line: Miles to go before I sleep :)

Love,

Kala


  

 
­­Copyright © 2016 KALA RAVI