This is one post that I took some time getting around to! I am not too comfortable discussing myself....feels narcissistic!
Having said that, I must say, I was exceptionally thrilled and kicked that my lovely blogger friend Shantala chose me for this award. Thank you so much Shantala, this is really so nice of you!
What is The Liebster Award?
Liebster Award is passed around the blogging community to people whose blogs you enjoy and who are relatively new to blogging.
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award, and you choose to accept it, you have to write a blog post about the same, in which you-
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Display the award on your blog.
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer 11 questions about yourself (asked by the person who nominated you).
- Nominate 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, and create a new list of questions for the nominees to answer.
11 random facts about me:
- I have this knack for complicating the simplest of details by over-thinking it.
- I get paranoid about shadows and every creak in the dark.
- I love painting and sketching, though I don't seem to be finding much time for it.
- I loathe diet food, not a fan of exercise, but still aspire to be fit and svelte....yeah, go figure!
- Are we still at 5? A fact....this is tough!
- I love reading humor, classics but I am partial to fantasy fiction, especially love spending more time browsing the Children's/ Teen's section in bookstores!
- I am a great cook when I want to be, which is seldom.
- I love surprises and even more than that, I love surprising people!
- I am wary of making friends too fast, and yet I am surprised at how easily people warm up to me.
- I love revamping, redecorating, rearranging the decor of my place, often bewildering my family....where did this go, how did this one come here?!
- Phew!! I have a very strong gut feeling/sixth sense when it comes to first time impressions. Even though I may choose to change my opinion later, invariably the gut feeling always turns out to be right...pah! Know-it-all-me!
My Answers to Shantala's questions:
1.Why did you start blogging?
It was pure chance that I started blogging. One fine day, I found myself typing an overlong message on WhatsApp and rather enjoying it! That was when a blogpost on FB caught my eye, and well that's how I decided to pour my thoughts into my own blogsite!
2. How did you come up with your blog name?
My blog name 'Relax-N-Rave' describes exactly my modus operandi for blogging!
3. Is blogging everything you expected it to be? Or is it different from what you imagined?
Like I said, it was pure chance and a stroke of luck that I entered into the world of blogging. I had zero expectations from this world, being mostly ignorant on the subject. My entire outlook and perspective changed once #Blogchatter entered into the picture. An eye-opener, a learning and enriching experience it has been for me. It has opened the gates to a whole new world, that I knew not existed, of like-minded, creative individuals, here to help, encourage and motivate me at each step.
4. What is the one thing you wish you knew before you started to blog?
Honestly, I am glad I knew nothing, a clean slate is more receptive and open to new thoughts than one jaded with bias and knowledge overload!
5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would that be?
Is nothing, too egoistic or vain an answer? I guess so! If I had to change something about myself, it would be to improve my focus on physical conversations. I have an absurd tendency to tune off such communications, acknowledging with mechanical 'I know', 'You bet' and 'I swear' responses that work perfectly in most situations, without me having a clue of the track the conversation is taking! Talks about Attention Deficit in kids, makes me self-conscious!
6. What’s one piece of advice you’d give your younger self?
What the hell were you thinking when you signed up for a four year degree course in Pharmacy?!
7. What is your biggest obsession?
I am obsessed with the idea of not getting enough sleep, strange though it may sound. Only fellow-poor-sleepers will appreciate what I am saying!
8. What is your most prized possession?
That would be my stationery-pouch. It contains the most incredible assortment of writing pens - Rotrings and Lamy, calligraphy nibs, brushes, all types of pencils from hard to extra soft, erases, blades, markers, a tiny stapler, cello-tapes, cotton swabs, blotting paper......and God knows what-not!
9. Which blogger would you like to meet in person?
That is a tough question! Well, several actually! Firstly, the first friend I made in this new world, a dear friend and a lovely person, Shantala Nayak (who nominated me) I would love to meet Richa Singh of the #Blogchatter fame (by the time I finished drafting this one...I managed to meet her in person!), all my friends from #Blogbuddy and so many more inspiring bloggers I follow and read everyday!
10. Which post of yours is your personal favourite? (Please share the link with us)
I think my first post on the Bai-Saga is my personal favorite, the link to this post:
Of Bais Gone By (ASaga) - Part 1
11. What one piece of advice would you give new writers/ bloggers?
Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging! Be free with your thoughts, honest writing with good language will always work. Learn to experiment with your writing style, be open and receptive to advice from your peers and seniors. Enjoy the journey, the destination will happen anyway!
I nominate my blogger friends Rohan Kachalia, Ramya, Rohan Sonalkar and Simardeep
And here are my questions for them:
1. What was your motivation to start your own blog?
2. Do you like reading? Do share your favorite authors.
3. Have you found your niche in blogging?
4. Which bloggers inspire you?
5. If you had to describe yourself in one word, what would it be?
6. What are the five absolute must-have possessions in your everyday-life?
7. How important is friendship to you?
8. What is your favorite holiday destination?
9. What is your biggest strength?
10. Can you share your favorite post, and tell us why it is your favorite?
11. What are the aspects that draw you to read a particular blog?
Once again, thanks dear Shantala.
And all the very best to my dear new Nominees for the Liebster Award!